All volunteers MUST be pre-registered online before the convention. Sorry, we cannot accept volunteers who buy a pass at the convention itself.
Etiquette & Demeanour
Volunteers must maintain a professional, helpful attitude towards attendees, guests, and their fellow staff. One of ConBravo!’s primary goals is to create a cheerful and streamlined atmosphere, and to that end we encourage our volunteers to put their best foot forward.
Treat attendees and guests with courtesy and readiness. Never lose your temper or become frustrated with them – this is the surest way to create a bad impression. As we’re sure you appreciate being treated with respect, so do our attendees. Give and you shall receive.
We at ConBravo! fully appreciate your efforts to maintain our quality of standard at the convention and thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
- You will be issued a ConBravo! Volunteer shirt (senior staff) or bandana (junior staff) which acts as your uniform. You will be expected to wear this shirt while on-duty at all times.
- Please arrive 5 minutes early prior to your shift, and let your coordinators know if you need to leave ahead of schedule.
- Maintain a courteous and helpful attitude at all times.
- Please refrain from using handheld devices for recreational or social purposes while on-duty except in case of necessity or if it is part of your role as a volunteer.
- Intoxication, including recreational drugs and alcohol is strictly prohibited while on-duty. As a general rule, we ask that volunteers do not participate in any sort of intoxication as you will be a recognizable face of the team, and your behaviour may reflect poorly on your station and the convention.
- Physical violence or aggressive behaviour is strictly prohibited.
- Please refrain from using profanity at any time while on-duty or while in the company of guests.
- Familiarize yourself with the layout of the convention and its schedule in order to be helpful to attendees and guests at the convention.
- When in doubt, refer to your directors.
- If you are threatened in any way, report the issue immediately to your directors or ask another nearby team member for help.
- Maintain a cooperative attitude with all staff and volunteers.
Work & Reimbursement
Volunteers are generally expected to do several shifts of work. Completing these shifts will result in reimbursement of various forms.
ALL refunds will be made online only, which is one reason all volunteers must pre-register online. NO cash or cheque refunds will be given.
No partial refunds or partial credits will be issued. Bonus hours worked may result in further rewards, including free con merch and other considerations.